Laptop Resurrection

My adventures in Linux and using it to save one poor negelcted laptop.

Monday, November 08, 2004

crash and burn

After 7 attempted installations of Linux today I've come away tired and hoping my laptop isn't busted. I started with Slackware this morning. Tried it 3 times and I just couldn't get it to work. I need to learn what packages I do and don't need better because I kept installing to much. Next I re-intalled VectorLinux but it turns out I used the wrong disk and installed 4.0 instead of 4.3. So I burned a new 4.3 Cd and everything was going fine until I went to configure the printer. My laptop locked up on me and i had to start over. The last 2 times I got an error saying xfree wouldn't install and it screwed up the whole thing. Now i'm downloading a new distro called Bonzai Linux to try. It's based on Debian 3.0 woody.

Well tomorrow is another day. Another day another distro.

PS to make it all worse I still haven't found a decent picture hosting service. not that it matters because all the pictures i took you can't make out what it says on the screen. Hopefully Fedora Core 3 will be out tomorrow and the world will be a happier place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile